Is Up To Par Cleaning Bonded & Insured?
Yes! Our General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance ensure that our clients are protected. A copy of our policy is available upon request.
What Days and Hours Do You Work?
Our office hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:00 pm. Our arrival time for our first appointment is normally between 8:30-9:30am. We try our best to accommodate your preference in cleaning days. We do not set cleaning times so you will be asked if you prefer morning, afternoon, or either. Unfortunately, it is difficult for us to give you a specific time for your cleaning since we clean homes to a specific standard and all homes are different in size and cleanliness. Therefore, we provide a 2 hours window arrival. Only the first arrival in the day time between 8:30am and 9:30am is 1 hour long – all other arrival window times are 2 hours long. Most clients provide us with a key and are never home, so this doesn’t affect them.
The Cleaning Technicians are out cleaning Mondays through Fridays. First arrival window time between 8:30am and 9:30am and the last arrival is between 1pm and 3pm.
Do You Provide Weekend Cleanings?
Not typically. Only on a few small occasions we may be able to do so. The rate increases as well since the Cleaning Technicians would be working overtime. Because the Cleaning Technicians do not work on the weekends, if you have a need for a Saturday cleaning discuss this with the office and they would try to get a team for you.
*This does not apply to commercial accounts.
How Many Cleaning Technicians Are Scheduled for the Cleanings?
We normally work in teams of 3. On occasions, we may schedule 2 especially if we have someone on vacation or sick. If 2 Cleaning Technicians are scheduled, they will need more time to complete the cleaning. Depending on the size of job we may schedule 4 technicians as well.
What Supplies / Equipment Clients Need to Provide?
We provide all the supplies and equipment necessary, with these exceptions: Toilet Brushes / Kitchen Sponge / Trash Can Liners
For your own health, we ask that you provide a toilet brush in each bathroom and a kitchen sponge. Each home has a different waste basket size, thus we require our clients to provide their own trash receptacle liners. Otherwise, we will use the size we provide on the large kitchen waste basket liners.
Please know that we mostly use green certified cleaners from Envirox & Genesan. However, there are occasions that harsh/regular chemicals are needed when surfaces need extra attention. If you are allergic or prefer only green cleaners, please let us know immediately so we can add it to your file accordingly; Please let us know which chemical or brands you are allergic to such as Bleach, Ajax, Oven Cleaner, Degreasers, etc.” This will help to ensure we provide the best service possible.
I have Specific Requests for Special Surfaces – What Should I do?
Let the office know prior to the cleaning. Simply email with your specific requests and place the special cleaning solutions in a visible area – don’t forget to let us know where you left the cleaning solutions so we can ensure the technicians know that these cleaning agents can be used by them.
We ask that you supply specific cleaners for surfaces that require manufacturer’s recommended products such as stone counters, marble floors and certain types of wood floors. It’s imperative to follow the manufacturers’ recommendations to properly maintain the life of these surfaces and avoid harming them in any form.
How Can I Allow Access to the Unit?
We offer 3 entry options to choose from:
- The client may opt to be home to allow access to their home the day of the service. Up to Par Cleaning cannot guarantee the exact arrival times so the client must be home between the time scheduled to let the cleaner into the home. If no one is home or our cleaners are turned away for any reason there would be a lockout fee of 50% of your cleaning rate (Minimum of $50).
- The client provides a key, garage door opener or code to gain access to the home. Keys will be placed in a secure safe at Up To Par Cleaning’s office. The technician(s) or team will be issued a key the day of your scheduled service to gain access to the home. The key will be signed out by the cleaner or team and signed in after each scheduled service and placed back in the safe. The keys are not marked with any of your personal information in case they are lost. In the event the code given is not correct and cleaners cannot gain access to the home the client is responsible for the lock out of 50% of the total rate will be charged for that service.
- The client can purchase a lock box to place a key inside and provide Up To Par Cleaning with the entry code. In the event for any reason the key is not in the lock box or the code does not work when the cleaners arrive to clean home; the client is responsible for the lock out and a cancellation fee of 50% of the total rate would be charged for that service.
What happens if I have to reschedule or cancel my service?
In the event that you reschedule, skip, add or cancel your service, we ask that you give 2 business days notice. Without 2 business days notice, you may be charged 50% of your cleaning. Cancellations on the same day of service for any reason may be charged the full rate of service. All cancellations must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling and speaking with one of our office staff any time between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
Your time slot is yours, it is reserved for just you, if you cancel last minute it cannot be filled and this results in our employees working less hours.
NOTE: If cancellations become a pattern, it will cause the rate for your next cleaning to increase to the next level [example – if you are serviced weekly and you skip a service, you will have to pay the bi-weekly rate for your next cleaning, if you are serviced bi-weekly and you skip a service you will pay the monthly rate for you next cleaning]. The extra charge is due to the fact that the cleaners will need to stay longer to clean your home properly.
How Do I Make a Payment?
Payment is due in full the day of the service. If you are leaving a check please make it payable to Up To Par Cleaning. You may leave the check on the kitchen counter for the Cleaning Technicians.
Up To Par Cleaning accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard and Discover as well as Paypal. Checks returned from client’s bank will be assessed an additional fee of $40.
Clients are asked to sign a credit card authorization form so we can deduct the payments automatically the day of the cleaning.
Can I leave a tip?
Yes. Tips are very much welcomed by the technicians. Although they are completely voluntary. If you are planning on leaving a tip for the Cleaning Technicians in cash, please make sure you write “For The Cleaning Technicians” on a piece of paper.
How do I make special requests?
Simply call or email us at email@example.com with your specific requests. Requests should be made with days in advance prior to the cleaning to ensure we can block enough time for your requests.
Any services requiring extra labor, supplies and/or equipment will be billed additionally for these services. Any services not normally included in the cleaning package that the client selected will be an added charge unless it is noted in the client’s service agreement.
What happens if something is broke/damaged while cleaning?
Breakage can happen when you least expect it! Up To Par Cleaning can assume no liability for damage due to pictures not hung securely, items with unstable bases, floating shelves, items not secured properly, etc.
Curio cabinets, figurines, glassware and items of extreme value or sentimental value should be cleaned by the client. It’s best to ensure the office knows of these items so we can ensure the Cleaning Technicians are aware that they should not clean or touch these items. If an item is broken by one of our cleaners, Up To Par Cleaning will compensate you accordingly. The client needs to save broken items for Up To Par Cleaning to inspect. In most cases, we ask the Cleaning Technicians to bring the item to the office so we can send you photos and immediately check with specific companies if we can fix the item.
Our employees are asked to always notfye us of damages. However, if for any reason a damage is not reported and you notice it first, it’s important to email us immediately. If you can take a photo with your cell and forward it to us, that’s even better, since it would expedite how fast we can find a solution or compensate you accordingly.
What is the Up To Par Cleaning guarantee?
We want you to be absolutely delighted with the cleaning service! Report any concerns to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours after the service. We will return and re-clean the area(s) of concern at no cost to you. It’s very important to report the issues immediately.or email us at
What happens during the initial cleaning?
The initial cleaning is considered a deep cleaning. Even for those clients with previous cleaners and are looking to change from one company to another. We had clients who were so convinced that they didn’t need a full deep cleaning and once the Cleaning Technicians start cleaning and all the dust comes out, they are surprised! Not all companies clean the same way and provide the same service. Therefore, to ensure we are consistent, we start all new clients with a deep cleaning. The first cleaning is provided at an hourly rate. After the initial hourly cleaning, the following visits are charged based on the regular flat rate provided to you.
During this cleaning based on the square footage of the unit, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, common rooms, pets, etc. and any final observations from the technicians, we are able to calculate the rate for regular service. Once we have that rate we can email you a proposal for regular service. Proposals are sent via Service Autopilot for the client to review.
Can I hire an Up To Par Cleaning cleaning technician on the side? No.
All our clients are asked to sign a non-solicitation agreement. Up To Par Cleaning invests time and money in the development and training of their employees. Therefore, under no circumstance our clients will knowingly engage in a direct working relationship with any employee of Up To Par Cleaning. The solicitation of an Up To Par Cleaning employee for a client’s private hire will result in termination of service(s). If this agreement is reached, the client will pay Up To Par Cleaning $2,500 for hiring an employee.
- I understand that Up To Par Cleaning has invested time and money in the development and training of their employees and that I under no circumstance will knowingly engage in a direct working relationship with any employee of Up To Par Cleaning.
- I understand that the solicitation of an Up To Par Cleaning employee for my private hire will result in termination of service(s).
- I understand that I will pay Up To Par Cleaning a training fee of $2,500.00 if I breach this non-solicitation agreement and hire their employee for my own private service.
What are the payment terms?
- Scheduled Service cancelled without 48 hours’ notice receive a $50 late cancellation fee.
- Lock out fees are charged at 50% of the full rate of service. Lock out fee means that the Cleaning Technicians were scheduled, dispatched to clean your home but they didn’t obtain access to the unit. This means that Up To Par Cleaning paid all employees scheduled for your unit, paid travel time plus waiting time to figure out if someone was going to be able to allow them in, plus travel time to go to another house.
- Cancellations will also cause the rate to increase to the next level if cancellations become a pattern. We understand things happens. This increase in rate affects clients who often cancel their regular service.
- Payment is due in full the day of the cleaning, unless pre-payment has been made, or other payment arrangements have been agreed upon between both parties – Up To Par Cleaning and the client.
- Up To Par Cleaning accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover.
- Any NSF (insufficient funds) checks will be resolved by charging my back up credit card on file for the past due amount along with any NSF fees.
What are your holidays?
We work every day with exception of 6 holidays: New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Please check your calendar in advance and let us know if we need to reschedule to avoid a Late Cancellation Fee. We do send reminders to clients who have service on holidays so we can reschedule with advance notice.
What do you do with pets?
Most of our team members feel very comfortable with cats and dogs.
We love pets! However, due to potential health risks, we do not clean litter boxes, urine or feces. For the safety of our team members and your pets, if you have a pet that is the least bit aggressive, it will need to be absent from the areas we are cleaning.
Although we love pets, we kindly ask that on the day of your cleaning service all pets be secured, confined, locked away or removed from the premises prior to the cleaning. It is important to ensure pets are secured before the technician(s) arrives, as pets may try to run out when the crew is entering or leaving the premise. More importantly, they could easily be trapped in a closet or room without proper food and liquids for a prolonged period of time. We hope you understand that this policy is to ensure the health and safety of your pets.
You may choose to leave your pet free to walk / run around your home / apartment, in that case please know that we cannot be held liable for the pets safety in the event that they get trapped in an area without our knowledge. It’s also very important to report any issues within 24 hours.
Besides cleaning my house, what else can you help me with?
Some of the additional services we provide are:
- Inside refrigerator cleaning
- Full oven cleaning
- Inside cabinets
- Organizing / Folding laundry
- Scrubbing title / vinyl floors
- Waxing Floors
- Office cleaning
- Common areas of your apartment building such as hallways, entry foyers, elevators, stairs, laundry areas, gyms, community room, etc.
- Commercial cleaning for your law office, medical practice clinic, day cares, banks, gyms, spas & educational facilities
Do you provide laundry service?
Because we charge by the hour, it would be too expensive to provide laundry services to our clients. Although, some clients do prefer for their laundry to be done in-house. Those clients are willing to pay hourly for the team to stay and provide the service. However, in general we do not provide in-home laundry services.
Are the Cleaning Technicians sub-contractors or Up To Par Cleaning’s employees as required by the Law?
All Cleaning Technicians are Up To Par Cleaning’s employees. They go through a background check, participate in the company’s training program, and are paid according to the law. We remit employment insurance, service tax and income tax, workers compensation and general business liability insurance.
Does Up To Par Cleaning carry Liability Insurance to Protect Their Clients? Our General Liability, Washington state Bond, and Workers Compensation insurance ensure that our clients are protected. A copy of our policy is available upon request.
What happens if more / less time is needed to clean my unit?
If you booked online: In the event that your cleaning requires less time than anticipated, we will credit your account for your next visit. For example, if you now pay for 2.5 hours of service and your cleaning only requires 2 hours, 30 minutes with 3 technicians will be credited to your account. You may use that credit to apply to any unit you have within the Kelso-Longview area and within 10 miles radius from zip code 98632. You will receive an email with your credit information within 24-48 hours from your cleaning date. If the cleaning falls on a Friday, you will receive the credit information by Monday afternoon.
In the event that your cleaning will require more time than anticipated we will be contacting you to request permission to continue.
If you booked over email / phone and you didn’t prepay for the cleaning – we simply charge for the time the Cleaning Technicians were there. Again, if the technicians need more time, we’ll call you to ask for permission.
What will my service include?
Each home is different, and we try to tailor your service to your needs, but unless you have a specific priority list, our usual procedure is to start top to bottom. If you have a 2 floor unit, we would start on the second floor and move our way down accordingly. Here is a link to a full list of the cleaning specifications https://uptoparcleaning.com/services/residential/